[thelist] Apache Virtual Hosting Help

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 22:21:20 CDT 2006

On 10/17/06, Steve Clason <stevec at topdogstrategy.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is the correct,
> new IP for the box. I haven't mapped those vhosts to the IP address--I
> never did before and I don't really know what that means.

Something -- local hosts file, DNS, NIS -- needs to map a "name" like
"topdog" to an IP address. If you change the IP of the host for those virtual
servers, that mapping has to change too.

So, from a command prompt
prompt% telnet 192.168.7.22 80
GET / HTTP1.1
Host: topdog

(that's two returns) -- what comes back? If it's different than what you
see when you put "topdog" into your browser address bar, then yes,
you should revisit your network reconfiguration :-)

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com