[thelist] Apache Virtual Hosting Help [FIXED]

Steve Clason stevec at topdogstrategy.com
Wed Oct 18 13:04:37 CDT 2006

chris wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> did you resolve this yesterday?
>
> I'm using ubuntu so my directory structure will be a little different
> from yours.
>
> On my system I would look in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled and
> in /etc/apache2/sites-available and check the first directive,
> DocumentRoot, which points at the default web directory (in my
> case /var/www). Below that is a directive for my /var/www directory
> which includes a regular expression for redirecting to the apache
> default page. You can just comment that out.

Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Hassan. Because of the
generous advice and thoughtful tips I got I believe I've turned the
corner on the problem. Although I'm not quite sure _exactly_ what I did
(I think I resolved a server name conflict), after fiddling with network
configurations rather than vHosting configurations I've gotten things
limping along enough that I can figure the rest out.

Whew.

--
Steve Clason
Boulder, Colorado, USA