[thelist] IIS Directory Security Inheritance

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Thu Oct 19 08:09:47 CDT 2006

First page. New session, browse immediately to intended target - so yes

> : The folder has NTFS permissions to read.
>
> ?!? NTFS permissions for /which/ user or group?

Sorry - was writing from an webmail client which loses in progress mails
after five minutes (fantastic huh?)

IUSR_Machine (or the anonymous account) should have 'standard'
permissions - nothing is inherited out of the ordinary (will check
tomorrow when at work) - when all authentication requirements are
removed, page and objects display correctly.

> : On further investigation, it appears that it is a symptom
> : of SSL. Allowing unsecured (but authentication controlled as
> : desired originall) access to the resource works perfectly.
> : Switch on SSL, and IIS seems to ignore the subdirectory
> : permissions.
>
> I strongly doubt this has anything to do with it.
>
> Can you post the relevant IIS logfile entries as well?

Will do. It's quite confounding. And also, guiltily, I should mention:

root of website is the root of a .net 1.1 application.

sharepoint services are also running on box.

Cheers,
Rob