[thelist] help with CSS layout...

jsWalter jsWalter at torres.ws
Fri Oct 20 01:06:08 CDT 2006

I've come to this well before, and Im back again.

I've spent the past 5 hours trying to solve this and I'm getting no where!

What I have to do seems simple enough, but CSS in Firefox and IE is
driving me nuts. I get it to work in one, and it screws up in the other.

This is waht I have...

A "container" vertical and horizantal centered on the page

Within the container there are 4 "regions". Each region is surrounded by a
  15 pixel border

The left "panel" has two boxes:
 * 150 x 150 - 150 sq image link
 * 150 * 320 - 6 words, nav links
               vertically centered in box
               left justified, 10px off left edge

The right "panel has 2 boxes:
 * 532 x 35  - 8 words, nav links
               vertically centered in box
               left justified, 10px off right edge
 * 532 x 435 - will contain a full region image,
               or a series of link images pulled from DB

I got this from a client who wants it "fixed". Seems he orginal file is a
few years old and does not always show up properly in some browsers.

So, I figured, go full CSS, drop that table, and make it simplier than it
is now.

I can't get things to line up. I dropped trying to make it pure CSS, so I
went back to TABLE, still can't get things to line up.

If Firefox lines up, IE has extra pixels here and there.

I'd love to solve this via CSS.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can go about this?

   http://home.torres.ws/~shopjake/index.php

here is waht I have right now.

It (sort of) works as tables, but...

Thanks