[thelist] Urgently looking for a new server

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 5 14:35:53 CST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 11:45 +0000, Christian Heilmann wrote:
> I am finally annoyed with my hosting service of my sites and wondered
> what to choose. What are your thoughts on
>
> 1) Dreamhost
> 2) Mediatemple GS
>
> My sites get roughly together about 500k visits a month and cause a
> 24GB of traffic. I need PHP, MySQL and responsiveness and availability
> are my main concerns.

Have you also considered nearlyfreespeech.net? This provider charges
strictly by what you actually use: US $1 per GB of traffic, US $0.01 per
MB of storage per month, with the ability to buy "bandwidth buckets" at
a discount, and they appear to meet your other requirements as well.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>