[thelist] File button

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 10:38:10 CST 2006

On 07/11/06, Daniel Kessler <danielk at umd.edu> wrote:
> I have a form where the user can select a file to upload.  When the
> user wants to edit the information, I refill the form, but it seems
> that there's no way to refill that button/file that had the upload
> information.  In replace of that, I put in an inactive text field
> with the name of the file in it.  Is there a way to instead fill in
> the file name in the button/field so that they can click browse and
> select something different if needed?

As far as I  am aware you cannot change the input of type=file for
security reasons it will not show in safari either [1]. Maybe you need
to look at it differently, list/show the currently uploaded file and
add an option to replace/delete the file.

ben

[1] http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html