[thelist] File button

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Tue Nov 7 10:50:58 CST 2006

		Hi Daniel,

   There are some (very relevant) security restrictions that keep you from programmatically filling the file input element.  Usually if you want to provide a Save/Edit feature on a form with a file input, you'll have to upload and save the current file, and then display the name in a text field as you've already done.  If they want the same file, you've already gotten it; if not, they can pick a new one and you can replace the old one on the server.

Cheers,

Peter

				From: Daniel Kessler danielk at umd.edu

I have a form where the user can select a file to upload. When the
user wants to edit the information, I refill the form, but it seems
that there's no way to refill that button/file that had the upload
information. In replace of that, I put in an inactive text field
with the name of the file in it. Is there a way to instead fill in
the file name in the button/field so that they can click browse and
select something different if needed?

--

Daniel Kessler