[thelist] options for fade/transitions in slideshows

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Fri Nov 10 10:46:57 CST 2006

I have some slideshows (javascript) that rely microsoft fade to effect a
transition fade in/out.  But of course they don't work for Firefox (I
haven't tested but probably the other browsers), and they also cause the
CSS to fail validation in IE.

Are there other ways to effect a transitional fade out/in that work in
Firefox, etc., and will pass CSS validation?  The other bonus
requirement would be compliant with web 'accessibility' standards and
section 508, providing a text alternative is fine.

I will be picking up a copy of flash shortly, so that 'could' be an
ingredient, although not sure how it fits with accessibilty.

-Bob