[thelist] Accessing an Access Link Table

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Nov 15 11:10:53 CST 2006

Matt Warden helpfully suggested:

>>Ah, I see, so it is not using a DSN. You can still create a direct
DSN, though. This is the route I'd use:
>>http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2002/Nov/AccessTextDb.asp

Ah!  Thanks Matt!  That looks promising!  I will give that a whirl!

{Closer!  I can see the two text tables now in my tool of choice.
Getting garbage data now of course.  Rats!  Probably some kind of
character type (unicode) issue.  Will take the time to try to
examine in a text editor I guess - or maybe try an export from
Access and then try linking to that.}

Oh well ... At least I have some rainbows to chase for a while!

;-)

>>Let me know if you're in the area another time (I won't be in
>>town next week) and we'll grab a beer or something. (What ever
>>happened to beervolts in the US?)

Holidays are hectic.  Will do ... And ifn you ever gits down this heah
way ....

Thanks,

RonL.