[thelist] Firefox post data anomoly

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 18 12:46:54 CST 2006

On 17/11/06, Sales @ Lycosa <sales at lycosa.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a problem with Firefox not receiving one of my post data variables. I
> have a form with hidden input fields, but one of them is not passed to the
> server.
>
> http://www.lucid-research.com/sales/esales.htm?category_id=31&product_id=184
>
> Please help. Thanks.
>
> Phil Parker

The culprit seems to be the innerHTML of the change_price function.  I
have no explanation, but without this, the delivery parameter is sent.

This function is logically not changing anything anyway (setting the
HTML to the same as what it already is), but perhaps your example
isn't making use of a particular scenario.

I guess you actually only want to change the value of the hidden form
field anyway, innerHTML isn't appropriate, just grab a reference to
the input element and set it's value attribute.

--
Lee