[thelist] site check: http://intranetIntelligence.com/

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Thu Nov 23 16:46:40 CST 2006

> please don't intimate that I simply bashing your site and not
> adding value.

I didn't intimate that. I explicitly stated that the one single comment
didn't add value, value I very much wanted to have.

Most of your reply is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
It's unfortunate that you had to include all the invective before you
got to the single most useful review I've gotten on my site.

I didn't specifically respond to every comment made by you or others,
here or offline. I have an enormous amount of work to do on the site and
figured I'd address things as they became important to me. The 'design',
whatever you consider that, is important to me now, thus my question.

As I said, I appreciate constructive criticism. I also try *really hard*
to keep emotion out of it. You may note that there was nearly a week
between your unsolicited, unsupported (until now) criticism of my
design, and my question requesting clarification of it. I didn't spend
that week trying to put a spin on your comment (you may also note I
didn't ascribe the comment to anyone in particular, nor was I asking
only you to elucidate on it) I thought long and hard before I asked for
further comment on your statement, but in the end, I decided to risk
your continued cranky attitude towards me, offline and here, in the
hopes that you had some productive feedback. You did, and I hope I can
stifle my annoyance at your bad manners well enough to make use of your
intelligent, well-thought-out suggestions.

I'm not sure what I've done to piss you off, Marc; other listees whose
opinions I trust have referred to you as 'a pleasure to work with' -
unfortunately, I seem to consistently bring out another side of you. For
whatever it was, I apologize. Your posts to thelist are full of useful
info and I often find something I can use in them. I just wish I could
access your knowledge without getting slapped around.

joel