[thelist] ie 6 splaying layout

Austin Harris austin at dotmail.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 09:25:18 CST 2006

At a quick guess* it is probably the widths of your divs being set along with padding / margins and IE not rendering properly...

read and enjoy :)
<http://tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html>

Also best not to set heights on elements with text, (in FF PC the text is flowing out of the main content box.)

*10 seconds of looking...

First of all, you have invalid HTML. You have < p>< h1>...< /h1>...< /p>
(space added after < to prevent HTML email from rendering tags). Also,
although it may be of no consequence, the format of XHTML empty tags is to
put a space before the /> such as < img ... width="100" /> not < img ...
width="100"/>.

Fix the invalid HTML and then try it again.

Jules

--
Website: http://jrickards.ca
Blog: http://pen-and-ink.ca