[thelist] Testing a Webapp

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Mon Nov 27 14:29:02 CST 2006

Just to chime in with what others have suggested,

Create your dummy user(s) and data on a test version of the application. Bugfix on the test version (if you absolutely have to) and, once you're happy,  recreate the database on test from the live server db content and structure. This automatically gives you a test db identical to live and also gets rid of all your junky test data.

It really is the easiest / safest way
Paul