[thelist] my #1 ecommerce sales tip

tim tim at hyperlinkage.com
Tue Nov 28 14:48:35 CST 2006

This depends entirely on the product.  If I register on a site that is
selling £50k boats then, sure, I might expect a call.  If I register to
buy a £10 DVD, then calling me will lose my custom.  In fact, I might
even leave the site if I'm asked for my phone number without a specific
promise (we'll only call if there's a problem).  I enjoy buying online
specifically to avoid interfacing with salesmen - I just want the
product to turn up at my door.

Tim