[thelist] CSS: div background color discrepancy

Julian Rickards julian.rickards at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 16:45:04 CST 2006

Same browser, same OS, same appearance.

OK, I had a look at your HTML and CSS.

Technically, you don't need div#navcontainer but it might be useful in this
instance. The problem seems to be that by making the LI's inline, the UL
doesn't fill the full width of the browser window. Therefore the rest of the
space to the right is empty except for the div#navcontainer containing it
and since div#navcontainer has no background color, it is transparent to
what is behind it which is the body. The simple fix is to transfer the
background color from #navcontainer ul to a new rule for just #navcontainer
and I think that will work.

HTH,

Jules

--