[thelist] Coding standards....

Chris Ditty cditty at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:04:06 CST 2006

The company that I work for currently does not have any coding
standards.  No comments, no stylesheet usage, no nothing.  I have
spoken with my supervisor about this and she has commented that she
would like to try and get some standards in place.

Can a few of you share your coding standards?  Below is what I
currently have, but I am drawing a blank on what else needs to be
said.

Variables should be capitalized accordingly and for easy readability.
	ie....myVar, dpsLookUp, qry_myApp

Use stylesheets when possible.  It speeds up rendering and makes it
extremely easier to change colors and other details from one location.

Comment, comment, comment and oh yes, COMMENT!!!!  Comments help you
and your co-workers know what you were thinking of wen you wrote that
bit of code.  6 months from now, are you going to remember what you
did and why you did it?