[thelist] Zip, streaming and PHP..?

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 11:58:42 CST 2006

Hey all...
I've built an asset management thingy for a client.
They upload vids, psd's, audio file, whatever..

The users then broswe the archive and add the products they want to a basket..

All works great..
Buuuuut....

They want teh user then hit a button, to get a zip file, containing their files.
So, I've looked up creating zips, and i seem to have it down, but my
issue is that if a user has 3-4 files of over 100Mb each, teh zip is
gonna be 400Mb +...
I'd like to offer the user a download prompt imeiatly, and then stream
the zip as it's created.. or something like that...
Otehrwise the user is left waiting for the zip to be compiled before
being sent...

Has anyone done this before, or can point me in the right direction to learn...

More info if you need it!!

Trs...