[thelist] Coding standards.... [headers]

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 11 10:09:41 CST 2006

On 11/12/06, Barney Carroll <barney at textmatters.com> wrote:
> 'Emergency'... 'level of importance'... Strange terms. A header is a
> header. I'm no professor of English but I'm very concerned at how
> abstract these perfectly ingrained human terms seem to be...

Wow, I'm rapidly losing you Barney!  I'm no professor of English, but
e.g. means "for example".  LOL!  That would be a professor of Latin
anyway wouldn't it?

I think you're missing the point a little, it's not the meaning of
"heading" that we're discussing, as you rightly point out, we should
all pretty much fathom that.  It's the meaning or application of the
levels 1 to 6 people seem to struggle with.

What do they mean?  Well, desparately trying to pull my content back
to the topic of coding standards - it's up to the owner of the said
coding standards to define their meaning, and oversee their use.
There are some widespread opinions we have discussed for guidance:
I.e. "Only 1 level 1 heading.", and "Do not skip levels.".

--
Lee