[thelist] Proper commenting and code maintainance [was: Whydoesthis JS code work the way it does???]

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Wed Dec 13 11:35:32 CST 2006

> On 12/13/06, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:
> > Anybody playing with loading code comments, documentation,
> > or training info into custom object properties?

I'm primarily coding in dotNet C# right now and when we build Assemblies, I've been forcing my team to use the XML comments format for adding info about the NameSpace, Class, and Function into the compiled code. We then turn on XML documentation at compile time to generate and XML "help" document and use NDOC to convert that into a compiled help file and web pages.

That format works pretty well for us right now.