[thelist] Apache - alternative paths

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Fri Dec 15 03:19:19 CST 2006

We implemented the functionality a couple of years ago on a 4th
Dimension server, using a script, and it works well enough. We're
just investigating the options open to us with an Apache set-up. I
think we need to re-think the whole logic anyway; whilst it's very
convenient to drop an alternative image into a folder and have it
just work, we may be better off sacrificing flexibility for
performance, as requests increase.

Thanks to all for their suggestions. If there are any other good
idea, I'd love to hear of them!

Mark Howells
www.permanenttourist.ch