[thelist] Three column site collapsing in IE

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 05:21:53 CST 2006

On 12/19/06, James Fishwick <fishwick at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to put together a three column site, with the three main
> sections listed in the html in the order of navigation, sidebar,
> content. The site itself should display sidebar, navigation, content
> (from left to right). I've got everything looking okay (or near it...)
> in all the browsers on my Mac, and a couple on the PC, but IE 6 and 7
> are collapsing everything into one jumble towards the right of the
> screen.
>
> If anyone could point to my immediate big problems, I'd greatly appreciate it,
>
> http://f1shw1ck.com/globalfoodtrends/index.html

Could you make a simplified version of the page, showing just the 3
column layout with a header in each column and put only the used
styles in the head so that its quicker and easier for us to help you
debug it.

Also where did you get the layout from? looks like you are using
floats, negative margins and absolute positioning, which will be
impossible to clear the content if it is longer than the other
columns.

--
Ben Morrison