[thelist] CSS again: suspected IE funkiness on inline UL

Toby toby at creativefibre.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 07:02:26 CST 2006

It only resets the margin, padding and border for every default html element
and I agree on a built site this would just give you a headache.

But to start from scratch I feel it is essential. If you don’t, you will
find yourself adding special rules for different browsers. As by default (as
we all know) different browsers have different default css for html
elements.

I also feel the layout looking to be achieved would be fine starting from
this point. But I did do it a bit messy mixing em and px values... still not
sure which ones to use myself :¬]

Nice one with the link, very good!

Essentially tho, to fix your problems in IE, you need to start with a clean
commented css document, or you are just stabbing in the dark.

Toby