[thelist] test environment for zen-cart

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Tue Dec 19 17:10:46 CST 2006

Alll

I downloaded and installed Wireshark but didn't get around to using it.
Rather I started playing with the database and tables.  This took many
hours to figure out (maybe Wireshark would have sweetened the pot).  I
looked through the configuration table and messed with anything that
looked promising, but nothing looked promising.  However if I deleted
the configuration table the page would start but not load, failing to
connect.  This seemed promising - at least it wasn't failing with a
redirect message.

The configuration table has about 500 lines (id, value, description,
etc).  I wrote a short script that would import the configuration table,
all but one line, then give me enough time to test the application.
Luckily the problem came with the eighth line.

"Use Search engine friendly URLs" was the culprit  - if I removed that
line/field from the configuration table (or later learned to turn it off
in the admintool), the shop loaded perfectly.

-Bob

BTW - just a thought - would adding the word " - solved" in the subject
line after the subject be useful and meet list protocol?