[thelist] dedicated link ??????

Taurus James taurus_james at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 09:23:14 CST 2007

Happy New Year, Birdie.

My first thought is that is that the "dedicated link" is simply
a link that you identify as the entry point to the site (perhaps
to a landing page).  When you see this link in your stats
report, you'll immediately know how many people entered using
that link.

You shouldn't have to create your own statistics system for your
client's requirement.  It's pretty simple from what you wrote.
If you have access to the web logs (check with host), you may
already have access to all the info you need.  Then again, some
hosts don't include all info in the logs.

I use Google Analytics and it works great for me.
http://www.google.com/analytics/

- Taurus