[thelist] javascript replacement for :hover?

Barney Carroll barney at textmatters.com
Wed Jan 10 10:35:14 CST 2007

Austin Harris wrote:
> How bizarre, I have just been doing exactly this... You can do it in pure css, but it doesn't work in IE6, (not sure about IE7 - some bright spark won't allow it here - great for us developers!)
>
> Anyway I used this and it worked nicely, unless anyone has any objections???
>
> <http://www.wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=211>
>
> Nice and simple to implement and you still get a standard submit button when javascript is turned off.
>
> Austin

This seems to be similar to peterned's button replacement technique
[http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/blog/accessibleform.html] which I'm
forever plugging. I used it on my last project (I seem to remember a
problem I encountered with the script - will check through the trac and
see how I fixed it).

However, I'm set against content replacement here - almost on a whim.
I'm slowly shifting to a policy of keeping HTML as clean as possible and
making cosmetic tweaks, as far as possible, to stick entirely to script.

Regards,
Barney