[thelist] iframes evil? (was RE: Grabbing a file across domains)

Matthew Bernhardt bernhardt.7 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 10 15:25:38 CST 2007

This may be incredibly basic, but the code that I use to scrape sites from
elsewhere at OSU is:

url = (definition of URL to be scraped - usually the University's master
room schedule to find out what they think is going on in our building)
set http = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0")
http.open "GET",url,false
http.send
Dim wwc
wwc = http.ResponseText

(prepare wwc contents to strip off head and body tags, or otherwise get
ready for display)

set http = Nothing

HTH,
Matt