[thelist] Screen Resolution, which to design for?

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 15 04:43:40 CST 2007

On 15/01/07, Dawson Costelloe <costelloe at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're working on a new website for a client, and the question came up
> about which would be the best, or most commonly used screen resolution
> to design for. Some are saying, 1024x768, others 800x600, liquid
> designs came up and lots of other suggestions.

Very tough, http://www.useit.com/alertbox/screen_resolution.html.

There are a few other factors - are users going to do a lot of reading
on this site - or is mostly visual?  People often find narrow columns
with hardly more than a dozen words per line are more readable than a
maximized liquid layout on a large resolution display.

--
Lee