[thelist] Screen Resolution, which to design for?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 09:22:27 CST 2007

On 1/15/07, Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net> wrote:
> > Very tough, http://www.useit.com/alertbox/screen_resolution.html.
>
> A look at the impact of the typical fixed width design that Nielsen
> recommends be avoided: http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/bbcSS.html

Do you really think anyone with those higher resolutions browses with
the window maximized? I have 1024x768 on my work laptop, and my
firefox window stays at around 75% of the screen width. I'd imagine
there's a similar trend as resolution increases, and that there is a
defined "comfort width" (in pixels) at which a user will tend to
browse.

I also find myself using Ctrl++ to increase font size a lot when I'm
on higher resolutions.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA