[thelist] [JavaScript] IE: attaching events to generated content

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Wed Jan 17 17:28:56 CST 2007

Hi all,

I'm using more unobtrusive scripting in our site. We have 'printable page' and 'email this page' links which require JavaScript to work correctly. As such, I'm inserting them into the DOM for JS enabled browsers only.

After that I'm attaching mouseover, mouseout and click events to the links. All is well and dandy in Firefox (2 and 1), and Opera (6, 8 and 9).

IE (5, 5.5, 6 and 7) don't seem to allow me to attach events to the generated content. Does anyone have any further info on this issue? My google-fu is a bit weak today.

Thanks,
Paul