[thelist] Identical labels for multiple form fields

Vijay Immanuel codelad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 08:37:59 CST 2007

On 1/18/07, Austin Harris <austin at dotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Why use identical labels? You have image 1 a & image 2 why not have caption 1 & caption 2.

Won't "caption 1" and "caption 2" sound a bit odd, in this context?

On 1/18/07, Marianela Queme <mqueme at gmail.com> wrote:
> >From what u are saying I assume that the caption label should be interpreted
> as follows:
>
> the caption under image (1) will be the caption applied to image 1 and the
> caption under image (2) will be the caption applied to image 2 and if you
> have more that 2 images the same should apply.

This exactly is the case.

And, it does look straightforward on a normal user-agent. My main
concern was how screen readers and such would interpret the caption
labels and fields, and relate them to their corresponding image upload
fields.

Thank you,
Vijay Immanuel