[thelist] php search within site

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:22:29 CST 2007

I want to just say that if you can make a Site Search functionality that
really works, I'll be astonished.

Most are horrible.

Even the Blogger search is rotten, and I am a big fan of Blogger and the
whole Google line. But I have typed in the _exact_ title of a blog post on
my blog, and got 0 (zero) results, or worse, a list of unrelated post
titles. I don't understand why it's so hard to write a search engine.

To partially solve this problem, I installed a Swicki Eurekster custom
search engine on my blog, which I can train and cause to give priority to my
"sponsored" (unpaid) links to my own blog posts. I need to keep up with that
training, but I get almost as many hits on that Swicki SE as I do on the
blog itself.