[thelist] Whitespace, mysql, php, IE<7.0

Marianela Queme mqueme at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 20:25:17 CST 2007

Hi Jon:

>From experience I can tell you that IE and FF display data differently, what
I'm assuming is that the form entered data is stored  in the DB as raw data
and this is the reason why IE is displaying it as is.  I would have to
suggest CSS too.  Maybe try justifying your text so it wraps up.  Ofcourse
it will never appear as the user enters it.

Another approach will be adding an embedded html editor so that users can
add all sort of fancy formating to their text and save the html version of
their entry into the db. The down to this is that some users might go crazy
on formating and make things "not standard".

hope this helps.

mq

--
Marianela Queme