[thelist] php search within site

jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Fri Jan 19 05:41:41 CST 2007

> Hi all,
>
> How does people write their own search engine for their sites?

I have used Gr0wSearch in the past.  It does Site Search and Sitemap all
at once.  It too lacks in some areas, but you are free to customize it to
your content after purchasing it - it's only 1lb. (UK).

I am not crafty enough with PHP to do this on my own; if someone wants to
give a hand wit it I'd be more than willing to do what I can to improve
it.

I tried writing to the script's author but never got a response - I guess
they are busy.

Read more about it here:
http://www.gr0w.com/amos/growsearch/

--