[thelist] Site Check pls

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Jan 19 09:57:07 CST 2007

Steven Pierce wrote:
>  Also on your time zone, I think it would be better if you
> put Pacific, East,
> etc.  The only reason I knew mine was I know that I am GMT -8.

Agreed.   Most of us on here know this, but the average consumer does not.
Moreover, if you're collecting city/state info, you really shouldn't
need to collect timezone data unless you plan to cookie the user to
display the proper time on their 'cart' local to them.

>> http://signup.e-crossfone.com/telonline/index.php

If I disable javascript, and submit the form, it shows the form again,
with no error message at all.
Are you running a back end check along with the JS prompt?

Ultimately, you can't rely on JS to be your form checker.  It needs to
be done serverside.   The JS is nice to have on top of the back end though.