[thelist] ?? How To: Search Zip Codes within x Miles ??

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:15:13 CST 2007

On 1/19/07, bj <bj at kickasswebdesign.com> wrote:
> You might also find this helpful:
> http://www.micahcarrick.com/v2/content/view/4/3/

This is actually the link I was referring to!

I used this as the base of my calculation algorithm. I had to make
some edits, but for the most part, it's great. I used this on my
Google Summer of Code meetup site (the first year Google did this was
the last year I would be eligible, so I snuck in):

http://mwarden.f2o.org/socmeetup/

Specifically:

http://mwarden.f2o.org/socmeetup/ray.d.eye.php

You can search on my email address (mwarden at gmail.com) to see it work.

I had to ask participants to enter their lat/long, because the scope
was international and I couldn't find a database for that.

The code is quick and dirty, but you can find it here:
http://mwarden.f2o.org/socmeetup/thecode.php

Thanks for the link, bj. It refreshed my memory about where I had used this.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA