[thelist] PHP Reporting Framework?

Brooking, John John.Brooking at sappi.com
Sun Jan 21 14:53:33 CST 2007

Hi, e-volters,

I'm doing some PHP/MySQL database work for a freelance client, and we
want to start doing some reporting. The client is a non-profit hosted by
a general ISP, so we want to keep both the cost and the installation
effort down. Since we already have PHP, an open-source solution in that
language would be ideal, although really anything with low cost and
installation overhead that can talk to MySQL would probably work too.

I've started a generic reporting framework in PHP, but it occurs to me
that there must be something similar out there already. However, I can't
seem to find the right Google keywords to find any. I also can't find
anything at pear.php.net.

Graphs are not a requirement (yet, although it would be nice to be able
to offer that). I've already got a home-brewed class that supports basic
parameters, but as I think about bells and whistles like subtotalling
and drill-down, I'm thinking that's a lot of wheel to reinvent. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance!

- John
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.