[thelist] h1 as business name or content

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Mon Jan 22 12:58:06 CST 2007

In my original post I wasn't referring to the context/content of the
header section,  rather - page design/flow only.  I guess I left this open.

I've seen a number of template sites which use h1, h2, h3, etc, in
horizontal button navigation and slogan type sections just below a
header and above main content.  Seeing well-known services do this gives
the impression that it is the right (or acceptable) thing to do. What
this all amounts to is avoiding practice as well - and I have some
cleanup homework, myself.

Would it be semantically correct to use a <h1> to define the context of
a page, then in both the main content section and a floating column
begin with <h2>?

Steven Streight wrote:
> I think the worst thing you can do is have "Home Page" or "Welcome" as title
> that appears in bookmark links.
-->> or perhaps Dreamweaver, Adobe GoLive, Template Monster, Default, or even "" - beats the sound of one hand clapping.