[thelist] Web Page Statistics

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 18:34:04 CST 2007

I use SiteMeter and Google Analytics, but neither tell who visited what
page, not that I recall. Entry page, exit page, page hits, avg. duration of
page, avg.number of pages viewed per visit. That's what the free versions
give you.

I don't think it's that important to know who visited what page or link,
except in some extreme ecommerce analytics. Most popular content is vital,
how many hits a particular blog post or web page gets.

But who visited what page, this is micro-marketing but for what purpose?
Interesting, and I'm eager to hear the exact reason for this. Is this
tracking common on paid site stat services?

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Online Marketing.

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com
http://my.opera.com/vaspers88/blog