[thelist] emailing a SBS mail exchange through a web form

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 22 21:28:11 CST 2007

Hi All,

I have an issue that I am trying to figure out in using a web based contact
form and sending its contents to a mail server without using the current
mail server if that makes sense.

My client is hosting with Godaddy and the web form in the site works fine if
I submit the form using Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") through
Godaddy. But, the email created needs to go directly to the clients Small
Business mail server (mail.server.com) and that user's email address on the
mail server. Right now their account is set up with 2 mail servers, the
client's mail server address and what Godaddy uses. Godaddy's mail server is
defaulting on any form submissions so although the form works properly in
sending to an email address, that's as far as it gets and does not forward
to the recipient on the client's mail server.

Is there a way to submit the information filled out in the web form to the
client's mail server and bypass any actions with Godaddy?

>From my research if I have searched properly, doesn't the form need to
reside on the client's mail server and I could just link to it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob