[thelist] problems with S5 slideshow

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Tue Jan 23 14:45:41 CST 2007

> (The "click anything anywhere to navigate/do
> something" kind of thing really drives me nuts.) For a quick
> fix, comment out or remove :
>
> document.onclick = clicker; (at or around line 547)

thanks for showing me where it is, Chris. I'm the opposite, though;
despite being a keyboard fanatic, my default setting when I'm in front
of a slideshow is to click the mouse. I suspect a whole generation of
PowerPoint victims are the same way. So, I think it's gotta stay.

> from slides.js. You could do that and also delete the entire
> clicker function if you really wanted to get ruthless about
> it. Another thought would be to do some kind of mouseover
> function to pop your images if you wanted to keep the onClick
> functionality.

Yeah, thought of that, but not the right way: just realized the Chris
Heilmann sent something (Volkan? was it you, Volkan?) anyway, a groovy
popup preview feature that just might do the trick.

Probably the answer there, if I can make it work.

Thanks for the spark, Chris.

joel