[thelist] Eric Meyer's S5 slideshow and Opera tip

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Wed Jan 24 14:45:52 CST 2007

Because I couldn't find this info anywhere else until I scoured the web:

<tip author="spinhead" type="running S5 slideshow in Opera">
Since Opera has its own slideshow feature, and Eric's (never intended
for production use) toy, cool as it is, doesn't work (well) in Opera,
his code disables the slideshow entirely in Opera, causing the browser
to fall back to the Opera slideshow.

But only if Opera is in full screen mode (easiest method is to press
F11)

Otherwise, all you get is a single long page of unstyled content.
</tip>