[thelist] Migrating from Photoshop to Fireworks

Barney Carroll barney at textmatters.com
Thu Jan 25 12:02:43 CST 2007

ben morrison wrote:
>> In fact, a lot of designers would welcome the chance to learn something new.
>
> In my last design agency it was pretty impossible to get designers to
> switch from Quark to Indesign, they have used Quark for years and it
> doesn't get in the way of their particluar creative process. The look
> of dread coming over their face when suggesting indesign was something
> to behold - even though they knew illustrator & photoshop.
>
> Eveyone is unique so maybe this designer will welcome the challenge,
> fireworks will be assimilated into the photoshop workflow in future so
> it *maybe* a sensible route to stick with photoshop.
>
> ben

On the one hand, learning is a healthy part of any job, and if that's
what you want then you have every right to ask it of your guy.

On the other, what's the point in forcing him to deal with software he
isn't familiar with when he's already expert in other methods of
fulfilling the same purpose? Could be a productivity drain...

Regards,
Barney