[thelist] Flash Issue

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Thu Jan 25 16:11:35 CST 2007

Hershel Robinson wrote:
> The owner of this site: http://medeagrp.com/
> says that in IE (not sure version #) on Win XP, the Flash on the home
> page only runs when she gets to the home page by clicking on the logo
> from another page. When she visits the page by entering the URL in her
> browser, it fails to run.
> For me on Win XP IE7 and Win 2K IE6 I do NOT see this issue.

Uhm.... when I visit these two URLs, in Firefox 1.5x/WinXP, I see two
different sets of markup:

http://medeagrp.com/
http://www.medeagrp.com/

The first one has OBJECT/EMBED tags for a SWF, the second does not.

I'm not sure how such a situation came about, but what I see when I look
at the markup for the two addresses seems to reveal the key issue...?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd