[thelist] Uncompile a .NET application?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Jan 26 11:15:46 CST 2007

		   As has been suggested, get Reflector:

http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet  (I can type that from memory now).

   As long as your code isn't obfuscated -- which I assume it isn't or you would have mentioned that by now -- you can open your DLL, click any member, and hit spacebar (or use a menu command) to view the decompiled source.  You even get to pick your language.
   I don't think there's a way to disassemble and spit the whole thing out to a file -- though you can certainly experiment toward that end -- but it will allow you to get the source (more or less) for each class/member.

				From: "Casey Crookston" caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com

We are the host. We have lots of backups of the production version,
none of the development version which was on an employees machine who
left. Back to the original problem -- we do not have an uncompiled
version of the .dll on the production server.