[thelist] Acronym and abbr tags

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 07:39:11 CST 2007

Using a tooltip for every instance of NCB that, on hover, pops up a tiny
window containing the definition of the acronym, is a great idea, after
having defined it in text on the site on the first occurence.

I still think it's important to also keep in mind, where appropriate, that
users could land on any unrestricted page of a site upon any visit, so the
first instance of an acronym, on the first usage of the acronym according to
linear progression through the pages of a site, as the site owner wants or
expects or hopes the users will primarily progress, this first instance
definition may not suffice.

Then again, no web site probably can ever be 100% perfect, nor usable for
every user imaginable.

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Online Marketing.

EMAIL steven [dot] streight [at] gmail [dot] com

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com
http://www.blogcorevalues.blogspot.com
http://electrica.wordpress.com
http://steven.streight.googlepages.com/ceobloggingguide