[thelist] zen-cart/email

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Tue Jan 30 12:04:20 CST 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 09:43, Bob Meetin wrote:
> I am troubleshooting email on a site that uses zen-cart.  email is not
> being sent out through zen-cart to new users, to admins, anyone.
>
> I have command line, shell access to the server (not root but command
> line).  Command line mail is failing as well.  I also made up a simple
> php script to check for php mail, but it goes no where. The script does
> something like:
>
> <?
> $to = "bobm at dottedi.biz";
> $from = "From: whatever";
> $body = "whatever";
> $subject = 'also whatever";
> mail($to, $from, $body, $from);
> ?>
>
> This works elsewhere (my other hosted sites) but not here.  Can someone
> either point me to a web page or send me some simple commands I can
> execute from the shell to trace where things are failing?  My local
> desktop is also running linux, so if there is something I can execute
> from this direction, that is fine.  Going 7 or 8 years back I remember
> some things to do with mconnect, but this is clearly not my expertise.
> I don't think this is a zen-cart issue (as command line email is failing)
> -Bob

Sounds like it's a host problem that may require them to fix it. Stick a
phpinfo() file up on the host and ensure that there is a sendmail path for
the script to access.

Should be something like this returned:
sendmail_path	/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Here's a page for sendmail error checking:
<http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/HTML/AA-PS2SC-TE_html/netadmin26.html>

HTH!
--
cheers,