[thelist] Newsletter as HTML Email

Austin Harris austin at dotmail.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 09:48:16 CST 2007

I would also caution against it as the problem of testing and personal preferences is so long that it gets almost impossible to work out what it will look like to the end viewer. IE you have to test for Outlook, Firebird etc plus hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc. in all the different browsers + tweak the users settings in each one and then see what they all look like.

There a fair few templates out on the web to use, (using tables is unfortunately the way forward - or was when I last did one last year.)

It might be best to send a plain text email and then link out to various things for photos etc. (As suggested below).

My guess is that you may get a fair few "negative" responses from here as html email is so poorly regarded amongst developers ;)

Austin