[thelist] Newsletter as HTML Email

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:02:22 CST 2007

I don't want Hassan to think we ganging up on him, but this discussion has
evolved to How We Educate Clients. I think it's up to us to somehow teach
our clients the best practices and technology that we know of, so they will
be prepared for the rapidly changing world. It's our fault, more than we
care to admit, though not entirely, if clients are cavemen in their usage of
technology.

Didn't we have to coax and enlighten our clients to use email? To buy a PC?
To consider VPN and VoIP and Rich Internet Applications? To take orders
online via PayPal?

Remember, at one time in ancient past, all these things were "weird",
"geeky", and "uncomfortable": internet, WWW, web sites, search engines,
eBay, Amazon, Google, YouTube, MySpace, Digg, etc. "My clients still barely
know how to use email and avoid viruses and prevent spam."

Okay, so what are we doing to educate them?

Client behaviors really do change and evolve. Someone taught our clients how
to use email, search engines, web sites, blogs, wikis, intranets, etc.

RSS is just another technology with great uses. I don't read blogs in my
Awasu feed scraper, but I do have RSS/Atom widgets on all my blogs, and I
see the many perfect uses. Dave Winer said RSS is mainly good for news
updates and changes to sites that must be monitored for various reasons.

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Ecommerce.

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com
http://www.blogcorevalues.blogspot.com
http://my.opera.com/vaspers88/blog
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=vaspers