[thelist] Images--database or file

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Mon Feb 5 07:49:47 CST 2007

path <==> gallery_name

i am using different directory names for different file sizes, sometimes
i have many versions of a file in different sizes:

75x75
100x75
100x100
120x80
200x150
360x270
original
etc.

i set up a standard upper path that all fit under.  the files are
associated with the gallery name, not path - might look like
"/gallery/images/200x150/file_name.png".  200x150 houses both portrait
and landscape and a p/l field is stored in the database.  i don't know
how to use blob to get files into the database, so can't comment on how
well it works - that is another lesson.  security is as Joel said.  also
to note, when files are uploaded i rename all to lower-case and remove
spaces.  -Bob