[thelist] junk entry into forms (captcha?)

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:18:54 CST 2007

Most captchas (see any captcha enabled TypePad blog, for example) have not
just numbers or letters, they usually have a "crazed" background, with
warping of the characters, so it can be A Real Bitch for an innocent human
user to successfully pass the Turing test.

This will KILL your ecommerce sales, blog comments, even traffic, once the
site is seen to be difficult to interact with.

For blog comments, comment moderation with delayed posting should be all you
really need, and by NOT using a captcha too, you make it easier for users,
customers.